Friday

NAIAS with GM Canada


Thanks to GM Canada, I had the opportunity to visit the North American International Auto Show - NAIAS in Detroit, Michigan for the Media Preview. The NAIAS is one of the biggest Auto Show's in the world. I had the honour of staying at the GM Renaissance Centre which is an architectural and futuristic style building.

The NAIAS started with the announcement that GM/Chevrolet Won the Best North American Car and Truck of the Year Awards with the Corvette Stingray and Silverado.  GM was quite the talk and buzz during this Auto Show with the sweep of the awards!





I also had the opportunity to visit the OnStar research facility located at the GM Headquarters in Detroit. I had a chance to see the plans for making the GM brand cars become advance mobile units on wheels. Showcased was the use/sync of a Samsung tablet with the in car dash. Imagine being able to tell if you have enough tire pressure from your car dash. The technology seems to make driving more enjoyable and safer which is good for customers like us. I really like how technology has made driving safer and GM is making strides in this capacity. GM has actually opened up the opportunity for developers to create apps via Developer Portal by releasing their API.


During this trip, I had the honours of having dinner with the President of GM Canada, auto media and lifestyle enthusiasts at the GM Heritage Centre. The Heritage Centre is home to every model and make of GM cars throughout it's history. It's quite the selection of cars and I was extremely impressed. My favourite was the black corvette with all it's curves. It reminds me of the batmobile.




One of the best parts of the trip to Detroit with GM Canada was the opportunity to visit and explore the  city of Detroit. It is sad that Detroit has become a "bankrupt" city but I do see the potential for revitalizing the city. GM is poised under the helm of Mary Barra, the first female CEO of the major auto companies to turn the auto industry into a competitive market as shown with the awards at this year's NAIAS. I'm excited to showcase more of my experience with GM Canada in Detroit. This is the 1st installment of a 3 part series on my experience with GM Canada, Buick Canada, GMC and Cadillac.

This Cadillac Escalade service in conjunction with Uber was a great way to explore the City of Detroit in style.

No comments: